Monday, August 6, 2012

30 years




My arrangement of François Couperin's "Les Barricades Mystérieuses," video recorded by Thomas Arthur, 7/31/12

It has been about 30 years since I recorded this piece on my first record. Since then I quit and rediscovered the banjo, and here I am playing it again.

It is one piece from that first LP that people continue to ask me about. It is so beautiful and strangely idiomatic on the banjo, and I only just recently finished writing out music/tablature for it. I was so delighted when I found that I could play it on this new instrument. If you email me (palouserivermusic@gmail.com), I would be happy to reply with the PDF version of the written arrangement attached. For some reason, I wanted to do this video before I started on the gourd banjo CD project. So, now I'd better get to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment