Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Gourd banjo puppy whispering


He's been with us five days, a little eight-week-old border collie puppy named Paddy, born the day before St. Paddy's Day.  He's really a great little guy, but he has been pretty intense, too.  This is to be expected with border collies, and it's what's wonderful about them, in fact.  So, I thought I would introduce the musical components of our world gradually.  He heard the violin a few days ago and didn't freak out, then today I was playing the gourd banjo on the couch when he came in room and heard it for the first time.  He got all giddy for a few minutes...I was worried...but then he came over and curled up at my feet and dozed for a half hour while I played.  The last few tunes going on this CD are approved by Paddy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment